What We Believe
The Bible is the final authority and is the inspired word of God
The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Baptism into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit
1 Corinthians 13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
The ordinance of baptism by immersion in water is commanded in the scriptures. All who repent of their sins and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. This is a declaration to the world that they identify with Christ in His death and have been raised with Him in newness of life.
Matthew 28:19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Acts 10: 47. Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Baptism with or in the Holy Spirit by Jesus
The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit by Jesus is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4). With the baptism in the Holy Spirit comes the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts or enablements of the Holy Spirit and their uses in the ministry of the body of Christ
Mark 1:8. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Matt 3:11. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
John 1:32. And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Luke 24:49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Acts 1:4. And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me..
Verse 8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
The baptism in the Holy Spirit is distinct from and is most times subsequent to the experience of the new birth
12. But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:44-46; Acts 11:14,15; Acts 15:7-9).
Believers are encouraged to pursue the gift of prophecy for the edification of the church but are commanded not to stop speaking in tongues in private for their own edification.
1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
Human beings have a body, soul and spirit
1 Thessalonians 5:23. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As Christ is in heaven so are we on earth in spirit
1 John 4:17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
The Lord’s Super and Holy Communion
The Lord's Supper, consisting of the elements - bread and the cup of the fruit of the vine - is the symbol commemorating his death till he returns.
1 Cor.11:26. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Bodily Resurrection from the dead
1 Corinthians 15:52-54
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on in-corruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54. So when this corruptible shall have put on in-corruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.